Welcome to ARAVEN GROUP. We are delighted to be able to work with you and to help develop your business or industry. In order to provide our services, we need to collect and use information about you.
1 – A few terms to take into account.
2 - What personal data do we collect and use?
3 – Why do we use personal information about you?
4 - What does the law say?
5 - Do you have to provide us with the personal information that we have requested?
6 - How long do we keep your personal information?
7 - Do we transfer information to third parties?
8 - Do we transfer personal data outside the European Union?
9 - What are your rights?
10 - What about data security when using ARAVEN GROUP systems?
11 - IP address and cookies
12 - Marketing
13 - How can you contact us?
14 - How do we manage changes to this Policy?
1) SOME TERMS TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT.
First of all, let us explain what words we use in this Policy.
It may seem obvious but throughout this Policy, we will refer to you as “Customer” or “You”.
When we speak of “we/us” or the “Company”, we refer to the ARAVEN Group or ARAVEN GROUP, S.L. España, whose registered offices are at c/ Montalbán Nº7, CP 28014, Madrid (Spain), and whose tax registration number is B-87705323.
Worldwide, ARAVEN GROUP is one of the largest companies specializing in food service and point of sale equipment. It is made up of the following companies:
GRUPO OM COMUNICACIÓN VISUAL, S.L., Whose registered offices are at c/ Mariano Benlliure, 2 (28521) - Rivas Vaciamadrid (MADRID - SPAIN) and whose tax registration number is B-85330421.
ARAVEN, S.L. Whose registered offices are at Pol. Ind. San Miguel c/ Río Martín no. 6, CP 50830, Villanueva de Gállego, Zaragoza (Spain) and whose tax registration number is B-99138950 and
GRUPO OM MEXICO COMUNICACIÓN VISUAL, S.A. de C.V. Whose registered offices are at Siporex 2, Bodega 7 y 8, Col. Industrial Alce Blanco, Naucalpan de Juárez, Estado de México (Mexico) and whose tax registration number is OME94121912A.
Through its different companies and lines of business, the ARAVEN GROUP promotes and carries out activities related to the supply of products and services for the food service/hospitality Industry (collectively, we call them “our activities”).
To carry out our activities, the Company uses various computer systems. In some cases, the Company provides a Portal (“Website”) for its customers, suppliers, employees, etc. The Portal enables you to search or select the section you are looking for from the GROUP or its associated companies, so that you can access the one you are interested in for your search or need. You can also access the location or company you are interested in for employment purposes, should that be the case.
Finally, this Policy refers to information about people, such as you or the company where you work. It deals with data about you, but also any opinions that you have expressed (for example, in the reason for contact section). This is not information about the Company (although on occasions, they may both occur). This type of information is sometimes called “Personal Information”, “Personal Data” or “Identified or identifiable Personal Information” although, throughout this Policy, we use the term “Personal Information”.
2) WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND USE?
The personal data that the company collects varies according to your profile.
(a) If you are submitting a job application or opting for a job vacancy, this data may include the following information:
1 - Your name, date of birth, contact and education details (schools, courses, internships ...), identity card, work permit or any other type of information that you may have included on your CV.
2 - If you register on our portal using LinkedIn or other social media, data from your profile on that social medium.
(b) If you contact us to request information about our products and services, we may keep a copy of that correspondence in order to provide you with the information you requested.
(c) Any information that you provide us when you use our contact forms (for example, in “Contact us”). Specifically, your name, surname and e-mail. Providing your personal information through the contact forms is not a mandatory or contractual requirement. However, the fields marked with an asterisk are required because we need the information there to manage or respond to your request. Other information that you share with us by completing the contact forms is at your sole discretion.
(d) We also collect information about visitors to the website or Portal, including, but not limited to, their IP address, web browser used, location, country, number of times they log onto the site, and other relayed data, and sources you access. This information will make it easier for you to visit our website or Portal in the future.
(e) We also collect information for marketing and analysis purposes, including information about your response to e-mails, messages, calls, and other marketing campaigns. We will send you publicity communications only when you have previously and expressly consented to that. You can cancel such communications at any time.
(f) In the event that you access our Portal as a business or as an employee of a company that requires our services or requests information about new products, the information may include:
1 - Your name and contact details. If you contact us, we may keep proof of our correspondence.
2 - Data relating to your company and the position you hold there.
3 - We also collect information for marketing and analysis purposes, including information about your response to e-mails, messages, calls and other marketing campaigns. We will send you advertising materials when you have previously and expressly consented to it. You can cancel these mails at any time.
It is possible that you provide us with data, some of which is irrelevant or excessive for the purpose for which you contacted us. In that case, we will remove it from our systems.
3) WHY DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
ARAVEN GROUP collects and processes personal information for different purposes, all of which are related to the reason why you access the site:
1 - To facilitate the services that you expect us to offer, such as finding a job, helping you through training, or facilitating the process of applying for a position or job. This includes submitting your CV to Group companies for them to evaluate and keeping you informed of future available vacancies by post, telephone, e-mail or any other means of communication.
2 - To provide you with information about our products or services, send you a quote, request an appointment, etc.
3 - With your consent, we may also use your personal information for marketing campaigns, e.g., via e-mail, text messages or by phone.
4 - To develop, test and improve our new or existing website/Portal or other processes or services and thus be able to offer you a better service. These tests take place within computer system environments, so your information will be used to test systems when using fictitious data does not enable the operations of a new computer system to be properly replicated.
5 - To carry out statistical and analytical studies and research.
6 - To transmit data to third parties (see below).
7 - When necessary, to comply with legal obligations.
8 - We also use the information:
a) To enhance the safety and protection of people, facilities, systems and assets.
b) To ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
c) To manage communications and other systems used by ARAVEN GROUP (including internal contact databases).
d) To investigate and manage incidents and claims.
e) In the case of photos or videos of training sessions, to announce internally that the training has been carried out as well as its contents, and to promote training sessions both internally and externally to third parties.
f) To take part in any current or potential purchase, sale, acquisition, takeover etc., of all or part of a business or enterprise in which any ARAVEN GROUP company wishes to hold a stake.
4) WHAT DOES THE LAW SAY?
By law, we are obliged to process your personal data using any of the legal bases that enable us to do so. Such legal bases are as follows:
- Consent: when you log onto the Portal or the website to benefit from our services, you, by means of your free, specific, informed and unequivocal expression of will agree, either through a declaration or a clear affirmative action, to your data personal being processed.
- Execution of a contract or application of pre-contractual measures: when you are already working with or through ARAVEN GROUP, the data processing we carry out for those purposes is based on the fact that such data needs to be processed in order to execute the contract to which you, the data subject, are a party.
- Compliance with legal obligations: sometimes data processing is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation applicable to the data controller or for which such data processing is necessary. Public, tax, finance or personal data protection authorities may request personal information about you from us, providing they give sufficient legal justification for us to disclose your information (for example, prevention or investigation of a crime). In such circumstances, we are required by law to provide the authorities with the aforementioned information.
- Satisfaction of ARAVEN GROUP’s legitimate interests in the exercise of its rights and those of its employees to carry out business, provided that does not entail any detriment to your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms. When the aforementioned data processing is necessary to satisfy the Company’s interests, we make sure that it is done in a way that safeguards all individual interests. Thus, we guarantee that said interests do not prevail over the interests, fundamental rights or freedoms of the data subject.
5) DO YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE US WITH THE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE HAVE REQUESTED?
Although you are not obliged to provide us with personal information, if you do not provide it, we will not be able to help you and we will not be able to offer you any services.
6) HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
ARAVEN GROUP may retain your personal information for a maximum of 3 years from the moment you logged on or last interacted with us.
In the event that you find employment with us, the Company will have to keep your personal information for a longer period in order to comply with the legal and contractual obligations that follow. Normally we retain data relating to the payment of taxes, employment contract, and any financial information (including payroll data, proof of payment, etc.) during the required legal period.
If you request commercial information from ARAVEN GROUP or any of its companies, we will use your data for as long as we remain in contact or while we have a commercial relationship with you.
In any case, if you expressly ask us to, we will block your personal information and subsequently delete it prior to those deadlines, as long as we are under no legal obligation to retain it. In the latter case, we will delete the data as soon as that deadline expires.
7) DO WE TRANSFER INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
As stated above, we do not normally disclose your personal information to third parties. When we do so, the purpose is to meet the objectives indicated above or fulfil the purposes described earlier and we do so in the following circumstances:
- To our suppliers or providers. For example, if we hire a provider to perform administrative or operational work as a support to our customer relations. The provider(s) will be subject to contractual and legal obligations to preserve the confidentiality of all data and to protect privacy and will only have access to the data required for him to carry out his duties: the most relevant providers are, in general, computer service companies (who host or support our computer systems that hold information about you), security companies (who guarantee the physical security of our buildings and, therefore, must know who has been granted access to the building), and financial support services and accounting management providers (who may need to manage personal data to implement a specific payment or collection). We may also contract providers for IT solutions and technology services, which may include video interviews and skills assessment tools.
- To ARAVEN GROUP companies in other countries. These may be located inside or outside the European Union; different members of the ARAVEN GROUP perform different functions and, as a result, your information may be shared with them for different purposes:
- the information is shared with members of the ARAVEN GROUP who provide computer functions for the different companies that comprise the Group worldwide; these functions are located, among other areas, in Mexico and the USA.
- It is also shared with subsidiaries of the ARAVEN GROUP at national or global level that you have expressed an interest in. A list of the countries where we operate is available in the 'choose your country' feature on our website under [COMPANY LIST].
- We share information with people, such as the Administration, lawmakers, or law enforcement agencies and bodies, amongst others, when we understand we are legally obliged or authorised to do so or when we consider it necessary to do so.
- As part of a due diligence process prior to a merger, acquisition or any other type of business transaction in which we may have to disclose personal information to potential sellers or buyers and their advisers.
Please bear in mind that such disclosure of information will only take place when necessary or, as the case may be, when we have received a court order from a competent body compelling us to do so.
8) DO WE TRANSFER PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION?
Personal information may be transferred and processed in one or more countries, inside or outside the European Union.
We will only transfer information to countries outside the EU when the European Commission has indicated that those countries offer a suitable level of security protection for the information or to those in which ARAVEN GROUP has implemented sufficient guarantees to ensure the information is kept private (for this we normally use any of the model data transfer contracts approved by the European Commission).
9) WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
- Right to access and obtain a copy of your personal information. You have the right to request information about whether we process any of your personal data. Should that be the case, you have the right to access your personal information (via the Portal) and to certain information about how it is processed. In some cases, you may ask us to provide you with an electronic copy of your information. In some circumstances, you are also entitled to request the right to portability of your personal data, which means that we will furnish your information to a third party at your request.
- Right to rectify personal information. In the event that you prove that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, you can require us to update or correct such information. In any case, we encourage you to log onto the Portal and update your personal information yourself.
- Right to be forgotten or to the erasure of information. On certain occasions, you are entitled to request that your personal information be deleted. The request can be submitted at any time and ARAVEN GROUP will evaluate and justify whether your request should be granted. However, this right is subject to certain legal requirements and existing obligations that state we have to retain your information. In cases in which, according to the norms, we determine that the request to cancel your data should be granted, ARAVEN GROUP will do so without any unnecessary delay. Please bear in mind that, once the information is erased, the company will no longer be able to help you for the purposes stated above. Should you wish to re-register with the company, you will have to provide your personal information again.
- Right of opposition. To the extent that the company processes the personal data it holds about you on the basis of legitimate interests (i.e., that there is no other basis for processing it) or for marketing actions, depending on your particular situation, you are entitled to oppose the company’s processing of your data.
- Right of limitation. In certain circumstances, you have the right to limit the processing of your personal data. However, in some cases, such limitation of the data handling may restrict the services you are able to receive from ARAVEN GROUP.
When you contact us to exercise the aforementioned rights, the Company may request that you identify yourself clearly before it is able to proceed with your request.
Finally, you should know that you have the right to file a claim with the competent data protection authority where you live or work, or where you consider that an incident related to your personal information has occurred. In Spain, that authority is the Spanish Data Protection Agency, and you can access their website via the following link: www.agpd.es.
10) WHAT ABOUT DATA SECURITY WHEN USING ARAVEN GROUP SYSTEMS?
In certain cases, for example, if you have a user account on our Portal, you are responsible for keeping access details to your account secret, specifically the password that you have provided or chosen. These access details are for exclusive use by the USER, and neither they nor the rest of the details about your account should be shared with anybody else.
11) IP ADDRESS AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address (if available), operating system and type of browser for system administration. These are statistical data on user browsing actions and models, which do not identify you or any other interested party specifically.
If you share your computer with other people, we advise you not to select the “remember my data” option when it is displayed on the Website.
We will only send you marketing or advertising materials (“marketing”) by e-mail or other means of communication when you have expressly permitted us to do so.
You will be offered a system to confirm whether you wish to receive advertising materials: for example, by a box on the forms used to collect your information, which you must check to give your consent or through a request confirming subscription. In any case, when we send you advertising materials by e-mail, you can choose at any time not to stop receiving them by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “cancel” option in the e-mail. In addition, you can exercise your right of opposition and cancellation at any time by contacting us at email@example.com and providing the following information: your name, your e-mail address, a telephone number and the advertising materials you wish to have cancelled.
13) HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
For any questions or doubts related to this Policy or for further information on data protection (for example, when we transfer data outside the EU), please contact ARAVEN GROUP at c/ Mariano Benlliure, 2 (CP 28521) - Rivas Vaciamadrid - SPAIN.
For further information, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to contact our Data Protection Officer, please send an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
14) HOW DO WE MANAGE CHANGES TO THIS POLICY?
From time to time, the terms of this Policy may change. We will publish any changes through relevant notices either on the website or by direct contact through appropriate channels.
This document was reviewed on September 22, 2021.